Some lessons are learned and unfortunately, others seem to never be. Apparently, my lovely children would currently fall under the category of "lesson not learned". As I sat with Ky watching Koby out the window cross the street to go pick up the neighbor to play, I glanced down at my end table and noticed blue ink all over it. Yep, that's right blue ink on the end table.
I looked at Ky and while normally he would be my first suspect, the evidence in this case was leaning toward his innocence. You see, not only was it done in blue ink, but it was not just a mere scribble of a 2 year old. Rather, it looked more like a ship of sorts with a carefully written "w" or perhaps an "m" next to it. While every parent believes their child is talented, I do not believe him to be that talented. "Did you do this?", I asked. "No, Koby did this." he responded.
When Koby returned, I brought him to the scene and questioned him. He inspected the drawing carefully, rubbing his fingers gently over the drawing as if it were braille. Moments later he confessed to the crime, offering no explanation for such behavior.
I tried to snap a photo once again not only for evidence, but so that one day I might look back at the photo, smile and remember these tortorous days. However, my battery was dead. Perhaps that was God's way of trying to help me forget this has happened yet again in less than 2 days. Perhaps preserving memories such as these are not such a great idea after all.
Needless to say, crayons, markers, colored pencils and pens have all been removed from reach. Piggy banks will soon be emptied to cover the cost of such a decision. I am racking my brain here folks...I am at a loss.
Some lessons are learned and unfortunately some never are.



1 comment:
I hear ya sister!
Post a Comment