Tuesday, January 6, 2009

it's potty time!

which is not to be confused with party time, although there were some celebrations. Today was the official start of Ky's potty training experience. While he has used the big potty several times now, today it was out with the Luvs and in with the Thomas undies. As I write this, Ky is in the tub getting clean from his few minor mishaps today. All in all, I would consider today a success. Ky went 5 for 7 overall. The one thing we were unsuccessful with today was a nap. I think he was preoccupied with the fact that I told him to not get his Elmo "bedtime undies" wet (bedtime undies is just a mom's way of trying to convince her 2 1/2 year old that,no, she is not putting pull-up diapers on, (since earlier in the day she said we were done with diapers...how confusing!)but rather special undies designed for sleeping) Anyhow, back to the preoccupation....he would just play and then holler from his bed every half hour or so..."MOM!!!!!!! Me have to go pee on the potty!!!!!! (and let me say that each time we sat, there was no pee to be had). Day one down....let's hope he's a quick learner!

No comments: