The museum is not really one for small children. Most of the exhibits involve a lot of reading and the boys lost interest quickly. That being said, I think it is awesome for our children to see that a president was born and raised right here in Grand Rapids!
Koby did however love checking out the replica of the Oval Office. I explained that this is the room in the White House where the President works. As he sat staring through the Plexiglas, he asked, "When is President Obama going to come through the doors?"
George Washington was also making an appearance at the museum today. Koby knows George was our first President and that he is on the $1 bill. When he caught a glimpse he inquired, "Is that the real George Washington?" Time is a difficult concept for Kindergartners!
Our final stop was to view the miniature White House exhibit. That was very cool. I guess I never realized just how big it truly is. Hopefully one day we will make it to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue!








No comments:
Post a Comment