and one of the new Star Wars Clone Wars backpack (his idea of this pic)
Koby was a little nervous this morning that he was going to miss the bus. We headed out about 10 minutes before his schduled pick up. No worries, the bus pulled up, and he took off and almost forgot my reminder to turn around and smile for yet another picture.
Ky and I followed the bus to school so I could make sure that all was well after his approximate 2 minute bus ride. Of course, he came off the bus smiling with his cousin Riley right by his side. Riley was giving Koby a few pointers on how to be successful in school (yeah right, you know they were discussing Star Wars!)
Once in the building and after some brief instruction on the proper ediquette of hallway behavior, Koby set off to locate his locker again. I tried to stand back and let him figure it out, but after a couple of glances back at me and a somewhat panicked look on his face, I jumped in. He has already been to his locker several times during our past visits to the school, but for some reason today it was a bit more difficult (perhaps because of the 40 some odd swarming kindergarten bodies all trying simultaneously to locate their lockers).
As I sit here, my tears have been replaced with a smile. Koby is going to be just fine (and so will I)



1 comment:
Wow, I am right there with you Linz! I am crying along with you ;-) I am not ready to send my babies to school...I am sorry you had to do it three weeks early. You are right though, he will be fine! I am looking forward to seeing you guys this Thursday! Let me know what I can bring!
Post a Comment